Monday, August 5, 2013

Guest Author - Lori Foroozandeh



 Please welcome non-fiction author Lori Foroozandeh to my blog today. 

Lori, please introduce yourself. Tell us a little about the person behind the pen.

I’m Lori Foroozandeh, but if I were honest I also have five other names, but most of them I’ve divorcedJ
Well the book pretty much is my WHOLE LIFE, if I tell you things about me then it would be repetitive in the book.  But in short I’m a 47yr. old who lives in Michigan and LOVES ANIMALS.  Part of my profits from the book goes towards the HSUS.  I was born on 12-11 at the time of 12:11, which to me was very odd. I am not one to follow any superstitions or doctrines based on numerology but the way my life has went I now wonder if that birth-date and time, which coincide so perfectly, might in all actuality have a purpose.

Why did you decide to write this book? 

I only wrote one book and it was my life story with the focus on escaping from a POW camp in Iran after 911.  If I hadn’t had any tragedies in my life (and trust me this isn’t the only one) I probably wouldn’t have written one.  Everyone told me that I should write a book and it would be a great catharsis.

How much research went into your book?

The only research was my memory

What is the best comment you ever received from a reader? The worst or weirdest?

I received it from Tom Clancy and he said “YOU SURE KNOW HOW TO WRITE A BOOK FOR THE “REAL” AUDIENCE.
My worst was, “you suck and you know nothing about Iran or Muslims”….as you will find out I actually doJ

Tell us a little about your writing style? Did you plan and plot your story, or did you just plow through it?

I literally plowed through it, I sat down and just wrote for three-six months.  I never re-read it because it was too hard. So I had John re-read it and my literary agent for errors.  My therapist and I started going through the chapters then stopped when I started having flashbacks.

Can you tell us a little about your current work, Lori's Song?

It’s my true story of being held captive in a POW type camp in Iran for six weeks.  The book also deals with my childhood sexual abuse, substance abuse, PTSD and living with bipolar.  It is a very graphic  book when it comes to scenes during the camp.
My book is available on Kindle, paperback and hardcover.  Its available through Amazon, Barnes & Noble and anywhere online.  Search “Lori Foroozandeh”.

These are my social networking links and I also have a blog.

http://www.loris-song.com/ (WEBSITE)
http://lorissong.com/ (BLOG)
https://twitter.com/Loris_Song (TWITTER)
https://www.facebook.com/lforoozandeh#!/lforoozandeh (FB)

http://www.amazon.com/Lori-Foroozandeh/e/B002NSC2DU/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1 (AMAZON

Here is an excerpt from my book:

Anyway getting back to "blows done to humility": The two other girls and I all of which we're not the only females in the camp were chosen as the soldiers "toys"! This meant that when they got bored or just for sadistic purposes they would choose one of us and rape us, all of the soldiers would.... Which if you counted them all it meant anywhere from 20-29 on any given day...
The first time that they came for me, I knew it was coming....I had this sudden nauseating feeling in my stomach, and kept watching the ground intently, while the soldiers approached. All I could hear by the time that they got to me was my heartbeat within my ears. I felt a sudden jerk on each arm and a kick to the back while I was being drug away from Faresh. Yes this was the only time that the cuffs came off....I did the usual screaming and fighting although I knew that in the back of my mind this didn't help, there were too many of them, and only one of me....When the first soldier grabbed me, the other two stood back and pointed their guns at me...and I knew what was happening....I just kept asking the soldiers where in their (word deleted) Qur'an did Allah tell them to do this??? Which only angered them more...

Thank you for allowing me to be featured on your blog, your very gracious.  If readers have any questions they can email me:  lori@loris-song.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice interview Lori! I hope your book is selling well!

    ReplyDelete