Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - Come Home to Me


Here's another little snippet from Book 1 in the Second Chances Time Travel Series, Come Home to Me.

“By asking me to pretend to be this competent wagon train scout, you are condemning a bunch of people to die. Do you realize that?” Jake stood, anger building up inside him. How was he supposed to get a large group of people through the wilderness of the nineteenth century? If he really had time traveled, this would be an impossible undertaking. “I don’t have the first clue how to get from Iowa to Oregon in the 1800’s. What if I refuse to do this?”
“You’ll return to your jail cell in your time, and will be convicted of first degree murder with special circumstances. I believe you understand what that means.”
Yeah. He knew what that meant. Life on death row. “You’re crazy, you know that?” Jake paced the floor in front of the reverend.  He could rot in a jail cell for the rest of his life, or he could die here in the nineteenth century. “Some choice,” he mumbled. “I don’t even know why I’m agreeing to do this.” A pair of blue eyes flashed in his mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment