Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Teaser Tuesday! First look at Yellowstone Origins




It's been a while, but I thought I'd bring Teaser Tuesdays back. I'm currently working on two books - the third Blemished Brides (In His Arms), and also Book #6 in the Yellowstone Romance Series. I've had a three-book spin-off to the Yellowstone Series in mind for quite a long time (over a year), and up until recently, I wasn't sure whether to make these books part of the series. Well, I finally made a decision. The three books will be part of the Yellowstone Romance Series, so Books 6, 7, and 8. 

Book 6 is called Yellowstone Origins, and here is a short teaser:



Riley shot a hasty look over her shoulder, then turned back to the ranger. She stepped closer, and leaned forward, folding her forearms over the counter.
“I’m not here for a permit,” she confessed. Her gaze darted to the nametag on his uniform.
Daniel Osborne. There couldn’t be more than one, could there?
His brows rose even higher, and he looked at her expectedly.
Riley straightened. She cocked her head slightly, and pointed her finger at him. She should come right out and ask him, but her academic mind took over.
“You have an interesting last name,” she said. “Looks like we have something in common.”
“We do?” Dan Osborne leaned forward, and looked her in the eye. “Is your name Osborne?”
Riley laughed, and shook her head. “No, but our names have similar meaning.” She reached her hand out to him. “Riley Bernard.”
Dan hesitated. His eyes narrowed, then he shook it. His large hand nearly swallowed hers. He waited.
“Your name, it literally means ‘bear god’.” She sniggered. “And my name means ‘brave, or hardy bear’. I’m not sure I fit that description, though.”
Dan’s brows furrowed. Yeah, he was thinking she was nuts. She waved her hand in front of her face. She was doing it again. Acting all nerdy when she was nervous, trying to impress someone with trivial knowledge.
“Why exactly did you come to the ranger station, Riley?”
She glanced over her shoulder again, then leaned toward him over the counter.
“I need a favor,” she whispered.

No comments:

Post a Comment