Tuesday, April 28, 2015

New Release in the Yellowstone Romance Series!

After I finished writing Yellowstone Dawn in the spring of  2012, I was sure that it was going to be the last book in the Yellowstone Romance Series. Then something happened...readers emailed me, and asked me on Facebook and on this blog when I was going to write Dan and Jana's story. I had to think about it for a while until I even came up with a story for them. At the end of Yellowstone Heart Song, I sort of left it up in the air and for readers to decide whether Dan and Jana were going to get together. But, since readers apparently wanted their story, I ended up writing Deception. After that I thought a short Christmas story might be fun, but that was going to be the end of it. 
Well, I was wrong again when one of my beta readers bugged me to write a story with Daniel and Chase coming to the future together, and that's how Yellowstone Promise was born. I got more requests for another holiday story, so I wrote Season of Giving, and the requests keep coming for more books in the series. 
One reader in particular was extremely vocal in my Facebook group for me to write a story about Matthew Osborne, one of the twin sons of Aimee and Daniel. I finally agreed to write his story. Yellowstone Homecoming was just published today.
I knew instantly what the basic plot for his book would be when the request came for Matthew's story. Way back in 2012, when I was deep in research for a different book set along the Oregon Trail (Come Home to Me, Book 1 in Second Chances Time Travel Romance Series), I came across a true story about a father of an emigrant family who, half-jokingly, gave one of his daughters in trade to a native American that the wagon train encountered along the way. He never thought the Indian would hold him to his word.

The story stuck with me, and I had intended to use it for the second book in the Teton Romance Trilogy when I was plotting that series. Well, it never made it into any of the Teton books (I couldn’t resist to bring the Walker boys from the Tetons into this story for a cameo). In the back of my mind, I always wanted the Osborne brothers to perhaps scout for a wagon train, but the time period was just wrong. Using missionaries was the perfect solution, as it set the book a couple of years after Yellowstone Redemption
I'm happy to report that I've listened to my readers who are anxious for some more full-length books in the Yellowstone Series. What started as an idea for a three-book spinoff, has turned into a three-book addition to the series. The missing link to make the books I have planned be part of the Yellowstone series rather their own series oddly enough came from a review I received where the reviewer made a rather interesting and - what I thought - incorrect comment. I won't elaborate, but just one word in her review sparked the idea for what will become three additional books in the series, and I've begun work on the first of the three books. 
For now, I hope my Yellowstone fans will be happy with the newest chapter in the lives of the Osbornes - with Yellowstone Homecoming



Blurb:

“Matthew’s dead.” … News no parent wants to hear, but that's exactly what Daniel and Aimee Osborne must endure.

On their way home to the Yellowstone country after spending two years at University, brothers Matthew and Zach Osborne are looking forward to a happy homecoming and family reunion. The long trip takes an unexpected turn when their path crosses with a group of travelers who shouldn’t be venturing through dangerous Indian Territory.

Adelle Witmer’s journey west has brought her face to face with things she could never anticipate. Under her father’s stern and protective eye, she is not allowed to waiver from her strict upbringing. When two rugged woodsmen join their camp, she learns of a world beyond her wildest dreams.

Neither one of the Osborne twins could have foreseen the turn of events their decision to accompany the group of missionaries would take. Matthew’s unlikely attraction to Adelle not only puts him at odds with her father, but may very well cost him his life.

Available at:  Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iTunes




No comments:

Post a Comment