Monday, August 27, 2012

Guest Author - Kat Flannery



Today I’m very happy to have author Kat Flannery visit the blog. A fellow western romance author, she’s here to share a little bit about herself and her writing. Welcome, Kat. Please introduce yourself. Tell us a little about the person behind the pen.

I am a wife and mother to three boys. I co-own Prairie Dog Publishing where I devote my spare time in producing anthologies with deep, heartwarming stories and donating a part of the proceeds to charities. I’ve also freelanced for seven years.

Why did you decide to write Historical Western Romance?  

I love history, especially the American and Canadian cowboy and pioneer days. What is the appeal? The happily ever after.

Yes, the HEA is a must have! How much research goes into your books, and how do you tackle that?

I do a lot of research, more so because I love to learn new things. I only use ten percent of what I actually research and store the rest away for another book, or article.


What is the best comment you ever received from a reader? The worst or weirdest?

Best comment would be that they cannot wait for my next book. The worst was when my novel was called a wall banger.

Tell us a little about your writing style? Do you plan and plot your stories, or do you just plow through them?

Well, I do plot and plan, but not in great detail. I write pivotal points of the story I need to get to and go from there. However, half way through the novel the characters take it in a different direction.

Sounds like me and my characters.
Can you tell us a little about your current work?

I’ve recently finished a Historical Paranormal Romance.

Oh! You’ve got my attention. I love historical paranormal.

Have you ever had writer’s block? How do you deal with it?

Oh, I have and it is so frustrating. When I get writers block, I move onto another project, an article, or short story until I can go back and finish the book. If that doesn’t work a shot of whiskey is always an option. J

Sounds like a great strategy!
Can you give us a little background on your hero, John Taylor that’s only in your author notes, and not found in your story?

He had brothers and a sister. I never used any of this information in CHASING CLOVERS. I didn’t feel that it was relevant. 

What inspired you to create this character?
I love John Taylor, he is a strong, stubborn, loving man and I had so much fun writing him. I wanted to create a three dimensional character that the reader would have a love-hate relationship with.

What else do you have in store for your readers?

I plan to write many more books that will touch my reader’s lives in some way.
Thank you, Peggy for having me visit your blog.

Thanks for stopping by, Kat! Where can we find you and your books?




Author Bio:
Kat Flannery has had her writing published in numerous periodicals. She's received her diploma for Creative, Freelance, and Business Writing. She is co-owner of Prairie Dog Publishing, where she devotes her spare time as head of Marketing and Communications. CHASING CLOVERS is Kat's first published novel, and she is currently hard at work on her next. When not writing, or spending time with her family, Kat's on the couch with a hot chocolate and a good book.

Book Blurb for CHASING CLOVERS.



Mail order bride, Livy Green, is desperate to escape the memories of her past. John Taylor will never love another woman again, but his children need a mother. Will they learn to trust each other, or will their pasts interfere?

Longing to escape the awful memories and the saloon she once sang in, Livy Green lies about her past so she can be a wife to John Taylor and mother to his two young children. Overwhelmed by the task, she struggles to put her resentment aside and love them as her own.

John loved his first wife and is still heartbroken over the loss, but he needs a mother for his children. When his distant and unfriendly mail order bride arrives, he begins to doubt his decision, though one glance into Livy's terrified green eyes tells him he can’t turn his back on her.

As Livy's past catches up with her and suspicious accidents begin to happen on the ranch, she is tempted to come clean and tell John the truth. But will he send her back if she does? Or will they forever be CHASING CLOVERS?




2 comments:

  1. Hi Kat, nice interview. I have your book on my Kindle and am looking forward to reading it. It sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kat, your book sounds like a good one. I'm getting backlogged--too many wonderful books to read and not enough time. I commend you for donating a portion of your proceeds to charity. Thank you for helping others.

    ReplyDelete