Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday is back!

Okay. New book, new teasers. Unless someone wants more excerpts from the Yellowstone series. I do have some unpublished/cut scenes from Yellowstone Heart Song I could post, I guess, if anyone is interested. 
But for this Tuesday, I have a snippet from one of my current WIP's, Come Home To Me (Book 1 in the Second Chances Time Travel Series).
I published the first chapter at the end of Yellowstone Deception. This is a snippet from chapter 2.





“What the hell is going on here, reverend?” Jake forced the words from his mouth, his jaw clenched.  “What did you put into that glass of water yesterday? Or should I ask how long I’ve been passed out?”
“Take it easy, Jake,” the reverend said calmly, and scooted out from between the pews and into the center aisle. “Have a seat.” He motioned to the first row of benches.
“I want some answers, and I want them now,” Jake demanded heatedly. “I don’t need to sit down for that. I don’t take kindly to being drugged. You should know that.”
“I didn’t drug you, Jake. Not the way you’re thinking.”
Jake’s eyes narrowed. “But you did put something in that water,” he accused.
“Only to get you here,” the reverend said in his calm and casual tone that grated on Jake’s nerves worse than nails on a chalkboard. “Believe me, son, it’s a much smoother trip when you’re not aware of it.”
“Aware of what? Where exactly is here?”

No comments:

Post a Comment