Monday, July 8, 2019

It's been a long time...

I've been absent from this site for way too long. Too many things pulling me in all directions. I'm going to try and do my best to post again at least once a week. The posts might be about my writing process, background and behind-the-scenes information about my books, and my crazy life in Yellowstone National Park.

I'll start off by recapping the last couple of years that have really changed my entire life. If you follow me on Facebook, you'll know that my husband and I now live full-time in Yellowstone National Park. Yes! IN THE PARK! What a dream come true that was!

It all started two years ago when, on a whim, my husband answered an ad for a historical prervation craftsman position with Yellowstone's concessioner. When he was offered this seasonal position, we scambled to get my father-in-law's RV ready to live in for the next five months, and off we went on the adventure of a lifetime! Five months in Yellowstone! It couldn't get any better than that, right?

Lower Falls Summer

Well, it got better. At the end of the season, he was asked to return the following year. Of course we said yes. A month after we returned home, he got a call asking if he would consider a permanent, year-round position in Yellowstone. Um.... let me think about that for a while..... YES!

So, we packed up our house, downsized to bare minimum, and made the move into a tiny one-bedroom company-provided apartment. It was the best decision we ever made. We did know that this move was going to be permanent for us regardless, and knew we would be looking for a house after about a year.

Witnessing and experiencing all the seasons of Yellowstone has been spectacular. Winter in the remote interior is not for the faint of heart. Winter is long, cold, and lonely, and the only transportation is via snowcoach or snowmobile. I learned to snowshoe and cross-country ski this past winter, and look forward to more. For now, though, I'm glad that summer is finally making an appearance, although slowly. Before we know it, winter will be upon us again.


Lower Falls winter



Three weeks ago, we moved into our new home a short distance from Yellowstone, but due to the remoteness of the job, Mr. H still maintains his housing in the park. For now, I divide my time between our new home and the apartment. Life just doesn't get any better than this! Well, maybe once I add a few more cats and dogs to my family (I've missed being surrounded by pets more than I can say)

On the writing front, I've published the last full-length book in the Yellowstone Romance Series last December, added books in most of my other series, and started a new series - Wild Mountain Hearts, which is another spin-off of the Yellowstone and Teton Series.

I'm going to get this blog site updated over the next few weeks until I can put together an actual website, something I've put off doing as well.

Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to stay up to date on all things book related, including Aimee's Journal entries and a new feature that's been hugely popular with the fans in my Facebook group - Campfire Chats with the Characters. I am aiming to make this part of this blog as well as in my newsletters.

Until next time!

~Peggy





No comments:

Post a Comment